Cosmetic Dentistry is a facet of dentistry that focusses on improving the aesthetic appearance of your smile. At Studfield Dental Group we offer a variety of cosmetic options that can help you get the smile you've been dreaming about. We serve Vermont, Wantirna, Knoxfield & Glen Waverley areas.
Implants replicate tooth roots and are surgically placed into the jawbone. Implants are made of titanium and rely solely on osseo integration to form a strong bond and sound foundation to support the crown prosthesis that is placed onto the fixture.
Crown prosthesis are made of high grade porcelain and zirconia (lava, German). All Prosthesis used at SDG are fabricated locally at Seaside Dental Studio, including complex angled implants that are fabricated at Osteon Medical and Atlantis (Sweden)
For dental implants to be successful each candidate must:
- Have adequate bone quality and volume
- Meet general medical requirements
- Practise good oral hygiene
A consultation is required to assess whether dental implants are the best option for you. At this consultation bone levels will be assessed with the use of x-rays and in-chair examinations.
Have you ever wondered how those celebrities get their Hollywood smiles?
The answer is porcelain veneers!
Porcelain veneers are a facet of cosmetic dentistry that improves the aesthetic appearance of your smile. Porcelain veneers are custom made from a thin layer of porcelain that is bonded to the front of your natural tooth and can be utilised to improve discoloured, chipped or crooked teeth without the need for whitening or braces.
At Studfield Dental Group, all of our porcelain veneers are fabricated with the finest quality porcelain material and are fully Australian made at our local laboratories, Seaside Dental Laboratories and Siida Laboratory.
You may be a candidate for veneers if you have:
- Slightly crooked teeth but do not wish to have braces.
- Have spaces between your teeth but do not wish to have braces.
- Have naturally/ genetically small or irregularly shaped teeth that you wish to make larger, wider or longer.
- Discoloured teeth from trauma, root canal treatment or tetracycline staining.
Types of Dental Veneers
At Studfield Dental Group we offer our patients the choice of two types of veneers these are Porcelain and composite.
- Porcelain material is used to create strong and durable veneers with a high stain resistance.
- With meticulous professional care, regular maintenance appointments and optimal at home oral hygiene behaviours, porcelain veneers can last upwards of 15 years.
- Porcelain material is effective in its ability to reflect light and match existing natural teeth.
- Porcelain veneers are made by a specialist prosthodontist in a laboratory indirectly before being bonded to your natural tooth, therefore multiple appointments are required.
- Composite material is used to build-up your natural tooth directly in your mouth in a single visit.
- Composite veneers can achieve the same aesthetic improvement as porcelain veneers however composite veneers are less durable than porcelain and will need to be replaced more frequently.
- Composite veneers are less stain resistant in comparison to porcelain veneers.
We invite you to contact our friendly staff at Studfield Dental Group to arrange a consultation on how we can help to rejuvenate your smile.
Porcelain Inlay and Onlay Restorations
Porcelain inlay’s are an indirect restoration (filling) made of a solid porcelain substance. This is fitted to a cavity in a tooth and cemented into place. Inlays involve fabricating the restoration outside of the mouth using the dental impressions of the prepared tooth. An onlay is the same as an inlay, except that it incorporates a replacement for a tooth cusp by covering the area where the missing cusp would be.
Emax Porcelain Veneers and Maryland Bridges
More commonly used to replace congenitally missing teeth in young mouths that are not ready for final implant and crown restorations until age 21.