Cosmetic Dental Care
Cosmetic Dental Care is the area of dentistry that focusses on improving the aesthetic appearance of your smile and bite. At Studfield Dental Group, we offer a variety of cosmetic options, including cosmetic dentistry dental implants. Whether you’re looking to improve on something as simple as stained teeth or more complicated corrections like chipped and gapped teeth, cosmetic dental care can help you feel more confident.
Cosmetic Dentistry & Dental Implants
Implants replicate tooth roots and are surgically placed into the jawbone. Implants are made of titanium and rely solely on Osseo integration to form a strong bond and foundation to support the crown prosthesis that is placed onto the fixture.
For dental implants to be successful each candidate must:
- Have adequate bone quality and volume
- Meet general medical requirements
- Practise good oral hygiene
A consultation is required to assess whether dental implants are the best option for you. At this consultation bone levels will be assessed with the use of x-rays and in-chair examinations.
Porcelain veneers improve the aesthetic appearance of your smile. Porcelain veneers are custom made from a thin layer of porcelain that is bonded to the front of your natural tooth and can be utilised to improve discoloured, chipped or crooked teeth without the need for whitening or braces.
You may be a candidate for veneers if you have:
- Slightly crooked teeth but do not wish to have braces.
- Have spaces between your teeth but do not wish to have braces.
- Have naturally/ genetically small or irregularly shaped teeth that you wish to make larger, wider or longer.
- Discoloured teeth from trauma, root canal treatment or tetracycline staining.
Types of Dental Veneers
We offer our patients the choice of two types of veneers - Porcelain and Composite.
- Porcelain material is used to create strong and durable veneers with a high stain resistance.
- With meticulous professional care, regular maintenance appointments and optimal at home oral hygiene behaviours, porcelain veneers can last upwards of 15 years.
- Porcelain material is effective in its ability to reflect light and match existing natural teeth.
- Porcelain veneers are made by a specialist prosthodontist in a laboratory indirectly before being bonded to your natural tooth, therefore multiple appointments are required.
- Composite material is used to build-up your natural tooth directly in your mouth in a single visit.
- Composite veneers can achieve the same aesthetic improvement as porcelain veneers however composite veneers are less durable than porcelain and will need to be replaced more frequently.
- Composite veneers are less stain resistant in comparison to porcelain veneers.
Porcelain Inlay and Onlay Restorations
Porcelain inlays are an indirect restoration (filling) made of a solid porcelain substance. This is fitted to a cavity in a tooth and cemented into place. Inlays involve fabricating the restoration outside of the mouth using the dental impressions of the prepared tooth. An onlay is the same as an inlay, except that it incorporates a replacement for a tooth cusp by covering the area where the missing cusp would be.
Emax Porcelain Veneers and Maryland Bridges
More commonly used to replace congenitally missing teeth in young mouths that are not ready for final implant and crown restorations until age 21.
Contact Us Today to Enhance Your Smile
To find out more about our Cosmetic Dentistry options or to book an appointment, contact us on (03) 988870888.