Most people these days have heard of the brand Invisalign, however ClearCorrect is still relatively new and unknown. For those of you seeking straight teeth, you might be surprised to hear that, just like Invisalign, ClearCorrect uses removable clear aligners to straighten teeth, a little bit at a time.
While their history is different - ClearCorrect offers lower fees (without compromising on products or customer service) and was founded in 2006. Invisalign has been beautifying smiles since 1997. ClearCorrect is an American company with its products manufactured in the States, while Invisalign is a global company with its products manufactured worldwide. The only real difference between the two is the price tag. Both are fantastic and quality products delivering the same result – a straight and beautiful smile!
ClearCorrect and Invisalign aligners are used for the treatment of crowded, unevenly spaced or misplaced teeth.
For the sake of comparison we’ve highlighted the products similarities and advantages:
• Virtually invisible, as they are made of clear plastic.
• Easily removed and cleaned
• Custom-fit to the patients teeth
• Suitable for patients allergic to metal
• Both are worn nearly all day (removed only for eating, drinking, brushing and flossing)
• Teeth are adjusted in small increments
• After a specified period wearing one aligner, you will move on to the next phase of treatment with a new aligner – this will vary amongst patients and will be determined by your orthodontist.
SDG Dental is proud to offer this non-surgical approach by Dr Michael Kotsifakis at our Melbourne Clinic, however this treatment option is subject to patients age, and degree of mal-occlusion and crowding. To find out if you’re a candidate for the “no-braces” approach, give our friendly staff a call and arrange your consultation today, or read more about our Orthodontic Services here.